All-On-4 Dental Implants – Cranford, NJ
Get Your Entire Smile Back!
If you’ve experienced significant tooth loss, you know the difficulties that everyday tasks can hold. Whether it’s chewing your food or speaking clearly, missing teeth can be a challenge. Fortunately, there is a tooth replacement option that can replace your entire smile at once – even sometimes on the same day! All-on-4 dental implants utilize four strategically placed dental implants to support a full denture. This allows for a stable, fully functional smile. To find out if all-on-4 dental implants are right for you or to schedule a consultation, visit our website or give us a call.
How Do All-On-4 Dental Implants Work?
Dental implants come with benefits that you can’t experience from dental bridges and traditional dentures. This is because dental implants replace the roots of the missing teeth, allowing for additional stability and the prevention of jawbone loss. To make a good candidate for dental implants, you must have a strong enough jawbone to support replacement teeth. However, all-on-4 dental implants use four strategically placed dental implants to provide maximum support. The implants are placed in the thickest areas of the jawbone at precise angles to minimize the need for patients to undergo bone grafting. Once your dental implants have been placed, abutments are attached and used to secure your denture into place.
Am I a Candidate for All-On-4 Dental Implants?
Most people who have lost all of their teeth on one or both arches in their mouth make a good candidate for all-on-4. Even if you have experienced some bone loss, you may still be eligible thanks to the strategic angle placement used for this procedure. Patients who would normally require bone grafting may not need it for all-on-4 dental implants. However, having excellent oral health and hygiene is still necessary. You should also avoid bad habits, like smoking.
Benefits of All-On-4 Dental Implants
You can expect all sorts of great benefits when you get all-on-4 dental implants. Here are some of the most prominent ones:
- All-on-4 dental implants are fixed to the jawbone, so you don’t need to take them out to clean them. You can just brush them as if they were your natural teeth.
- All-on-4 dental implants prevent bone loss. This will help you to maintain a more youthful appearance.
- All-on-4 dental implants are more comfortable than traditional dentures or dental bridges. They should feel similar to natural teeth.
- All-on-4 dental implants restore your chewing power more effectively than traditional dentures. This way, you can enjoy a more expansive diet.
All-On-4 vs. Traditional Dental Implants
All-on-4 dental implants are similar to implant dentures, but there are some key differences. Here are the things that make them unique:
- All-on-4 dental implants often don’t require bone grafting and waiting multiple months before being placed.
- Implant dentures require up to 8 dental implants. This makes all-on4 dentures more cost-effective.
- All-on-4 dental implants often allow patients to show off their new teeth in one day!